Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away!

Monday, May 9, 2016

This is a new one on me!

For Mother's Day, my oldest son, along with his wife and my grandson, gave me a beautiful glass wasp catcher.



I have to say that I have never heard of such a thing, but I do have problems with wasps under the eaves over my back door. So, as I always do when I don't know something, I Googled it!

Apparently, I must be one of the only people that have never heard of a wasp catcher. There are all kinds of reviews left by others who have used them. According to the reviews, these beautiful glass catchers work very well.

The directions say to fill the bottom of the vessel with a sugar water mix; I used the same mix that I make for my hummingbird feeder. There is a reservoir around the bottom of the unit with a small hole where wasps can fly in, but are unable to fly back out. Who knew?

At any rate, if this helps to get rid of these pests, I will be one happy person! If not, I will still enjoy the beautiful gift from my children. It actually looks awesome in the sunlight!

Besides the flowers that I received from my daughter earlier in the week, my youngest son gave me some of my favorite perfume and for dinner last night he ordered take-out for several delicious dishes from Symeon's Greek Restaurant. Those of you who are from Central New York probably have either heard of, or eaten at, Symeon's. Absolutely delicious food!

I am so blessed to share such a wonderful Mother's Day with my children yesterday!



No comments:

Post a Comment