Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away!

Friday, May 27, 2016

A little self-promotion...

I'm finally finished hand-sewing the prototype for the pattern I have been working on. Just have to do a little re-reading and clean-up of the written instructions. Before I make my designs available in my Etsy store, I like to make sure that anyone who sews one of my patterns can easily know what I am saying when they read the instructions .

It has taken me almost a year to get to this point with this particular design. Sometimes my patterns just seem to take shape on the first try and sometimes, it takes many tries before I get what I want. In that case, I put it aside for a while and focus on other projects.

That is exactly what I did with this one. The idea was in my head, but the design just didn't come together to suit me until just recently.



Normally, my passion is to create doll patterns, but for variety's sake (variety is the spice of life, right?) I also like to create other sewing patterns as new ideas pop into my head.

This particular design, depicting one of my favorite quotes, uses wool felt and is typically called a candle mat or penny rug which was popular in the 18th century. It can be used as either a table decoration or wall hanging.

That's it for now...I hope everyone will remember to always...




No comments:

Post a Comment