Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away!

Friday, September 30, 2016

Update on my Sabi Star Sahara Desert Gemini Rose...

So in May I ordered my plants from QVC and they are actually still alive! Yeah! The nights are getting colder so I decided it was time to bring them into my home under my Gro-Light.

According to the pamphlet enclosed with the plants, within 18 months they are supposed to look like this:


Here they are at 4 months:



Hmmm...18 months might be wishful thinking at this point, but they are growing. The one on the right is doing much better than the one on the left, but they were received with one doing better than the other.

Hopefully, being under the light will help them survive the winter months where sunlight is not always abundant here in upstate New York.

I am also pleased to report that the orchid plant my daughter gave me is still alive and sprouting new growth. It seems to be thriving in my kitchen most likely because of the humidity from cooking.

Just a couple more months before my daughter comes home to visit...stay strong little plant...stay strong!



No comments:

Post a Comment