Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Another busy weekend has come and gone!

I'm almost finished with my Mr. Frank N. Stein; just need another day or two:



But I have to tell you about the cookie recipe I tried this weekend...Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies:



These are so soft and lemony; they actually melt in your mouth. They were very easy to make; however, I made a couple of substitutions.

The recipe called for organic all-purpose flour...I just used regular all-purpose flour. I didn't have any lemon oil and frankly with 2 tablespoons of lemon zest and 1-1/2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice, it was lemony emough for my taste. I also didn't use the yellow food coloring...I don't need an artificially-colored yellow cookie to figure out it is lemon flavored.

Other than that this is a cookie that anyone would be proud to serve; I think it will be included in my Christmas cookies this year.

Click on the picture if you would like the recipe from Wicked Good Kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment