Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Dog Days of Summer...

..."the sultry part of the summer, supposed to occur during the period that Sirius, the Dog Star, rises at the same time as the sun: now often reckoned from July 3 to August 11." (Dictionary.com)

In honor of Sirius, I thought I would share a picture my son took a couple of days ago of my two faithful companions.



Dolly, on the right, is a Cockapoo that I adopted from the Rome Humane Society in 2008. According to papers I received at the adoption she is now 15+ years old; however, she has the spunk and playfulness of a puppy. She is my shadow.

Gracie, on the left, is a Pomeranian that I adopted from the Stevens-Swan Humane Society in 2014. She is now about seven years old. Gracie is a love bug; she is always looking to be scratched for hours on end.

Dog lovers will understand when I say that my furbabies are my joy! Please consider adopting a pet; there are so many looking for a loving home!


No comments:

Post a Comment