Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away!

Friday, July 22, 2016

Daylilies are in bloom...

...and they are spectacular!

About a month ago, I transplanted some purple and yellow daylilies on either side of my patio.



They are now in full bloom and I can see them from my kitchen window. What a great way to start the morning gazing out the window looking at the beautiful flowers and the birds that visit my yard; it takes the drudgery out of cutting several vegetables to cook in my omelet each morning.

For those of you who like recipes, here is one I plan on trying this weekend. It came across my Facebook feed this morning and just sounds so good given that the weather here is hot and sticky. What is better than lemonade on a hot, humid day?



Click on the picture for the recipe; there is also a recipe for a lemonade milk shake on the same page. Yum! The muffins are definitely on my to-do list for this weekend; the shake I probably will pass on, but I'm betting a tall glass of ice tea will go great with those muffins!

We are in the process of once again updating my computer system because I need more storage space. Besides writing this blog, I also write several other blogs for my online business as well as writing a blog about our town political shenanigans which includes videotapes of each town meeting and that takes a lot of computer space. I am hoping that the changeover to the new system will be this weekend (fingers crossed) so I probably will not be blogging at all for the next few days.

In the meantime, I'm off to my studio to finish creating my latest pattern that I will be releasing early next week. If you are in love with American Girl dolls (I actually have several) or know someone who is, my next pattern may be just what you are looking for!

Hope everyone finds some time to relax and stay cool in the days ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment