Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away!

Friday, August 25, 2017

Halloween is just around the corner...

I finally finished decorating my house for Halloween. Halloween is not my favorite time; my favorite is Christmas. I go out all decorating between Thanksgiving to Christmas.

At any rate, I just finished two new decorations for Halloween.

Here my new wreath with too many sequins to count, but let me tell you a little story behind this wreath...I started it two years ago. When I first received the kit, the directions were missing from the kit I ordered online so I contacted the company and they vowed to send them to me.

They did indeed send them, but the directions they sent were not the directions for the same kit I ordered.

So another contact to the company and FINALLY...I received the correct directions.



I got started right away because it was very close to the Fall season. As I have done before, I left the directions next to my chair and did a few errands. When I got back to sewing my wreath, my cockapoo, Dolly, had eaten a corner off the direction sheet. Argh!

Panic set in...I was able to tape the directions together, but I decided to put the kit away which I sometimes do when I get frustrated with the item I am working on.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed the unfinished kit in my craft room and decided it was time to get serious and finish it. I got my wreath finished in time for this year's decorations.







Here is the finished wreath hanging on my cellar door and it is now hanging on a hook above the fireplace mantle from my beloved grandmother's home.

I always loved being at my grandmother's house when I was growing up. The ornate mantle is like having a piece of my childhood in my home now.


Sadly, my Dolly passed away a week ago today; I miss her dearly! She was always there with me and I loved her even though she did have a habit of eating paper...




Anyway, over the weekend I finished a new throw pillow to go with an afghan I purchased several years ago...



Now all my witches, scarecrows and pumpkins are decorating my house inside and outside.

I am ready for the Fall!     Bring it on...



No comments:

Post a Comment