Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away!

Monday, November 7, 2016

African Violets...

..while somewhat temperamental, they are still one of my favorite plants. I decided to order four (4) more plants from Lyndon Lyon; a local African violet greenhouse.

To be honest, I had thought about travelling to pick out my own all summer long; but time was not on my side. I knew if I wanted to have some sent in the mail, I only had until November 15 without incurring extra shipping fees, so last week I put in my order and received them last Friday.



Aren't they wonderful? They will add a splash of color in my studio and also keep my orchid and Sabi Star Sahara Desert Gemini Rose plants company.

I have been rearranging my studio and my office to make them both easier to work in; still not quite finished, but getting closer to making my space cozy.

As part of the rearranging, I just added a sofa in my office so that I would have a get-away place to hang out while I crochet or knit. No one in my house understands, but anyone who does either crochet or knitting knows how annoying it is when someone interrupts your counting.

The sofa I picked out is a sleeper sofa so it will serve a dual purpose. It will make a great hang-out space when my daughter visits in December as well as give her a place to sleep at night.

By the way, my daughter should be impressed that the orchid plant is still alive and getting bigger. Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment