Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away!

Monday, January 30, 2017

Pasta e Fagioli Soup anyone?

Okay, so there is one good thing about winter in Central New York...the homenade soups, stews and other hearty meals that can stave off the winter chill!

Take for instance this soup that I made on Saturday from a recipe I found on the internet...



Life Made Sweeter is the author of this recipe and they also provide a video showing step by step how to make it.

The recipe is touted as being a copycat recipe for Olive Garden’s Pasta e Fagioli soup. I've never eaten at Olive Garden so I don't have a comparison, but this soup is absolutely delicious. Best of all, it is made in a slow cooker so after you do the prep work, you have the rest of the afternoon free to do other things. I love my slow cooker!

I made a couple of changes to the recipe. It calls for ground turkey, but I prefer ground round; I also didn't have any fennel seeds on hand so I just omitted them. I did add the balsamic vinegar which the recipe says is optional, but I didn't add any additional water as I was using it as a topping for some spaghetti squash that I also cooked for dinner.

I recommend this recipe for anyone who loves their vegetables.

You can get a copy of the recipe by clicking on the above picture...enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment